Saturday, May 1, 2010

Roll On Down The Highway

Today, Mom, Abby and I packed up all of Abby's stuff and headed for a drive down the coast. We enjoyed looking at the dunes while we chatted and drove. This is truly one of God's finer creations.

While driving, we saw this guy.
We stopped for lunch and a VERY tired Abigail sat in a high chair for the first time ever. She did ok sitting there for a little bit.

But then managed to persuade her Grandma to pick her up. This baby sure does love to be held!
The restaurant was really fun. Its called Angler's on Fort Walton Beach. The food is fast and fresh and they even put goldfish on their salads like my mom did when I was little. YUM!
Unfortunately, it was kind of a grey and gloomy day. But, this is the amazing view from our table:
Then, we stopped and looked around the outlet mall. I am simply not the shopper I used to be. I picked up a new outfit for Abby and some jeans that were really inexpensive for when she gets a little bit bigger. Then, we headed hom via the inland route. We stopped at the Shoal River to feed Abby and enjoy the quiet of the wetlands.
Abby was fascinated by the tall tall trees.

And here is where the Alligators live. And I am only half kidding. Its pretty. But no way would I walk in there. You can't tell very well, but the ground is entirely covered by about 12 inches of water and the undergrowth is thick.

And then we headed home. It was really fun to get to hang out with my mom and look around at all the wonders God has created. I love how green it is here and how much water surrounds my little community.

1 comment:

Cherri said...

I can't believe how grown up she looks in that High Chair!