Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Cats and Dogs

So Weston has invited me to contribute to this blog, and so I hope that no one regards my entries as those of an unwelcome interloper. I am currently a stay at home pet owner. What is that you say? No, that does not mean unemployed. I prefer the term retired. Or semi retired, since I still sell real estate. Being retired has really opened my eyes to the amount of work that can be done around the house, not the least of which is cleaning up after our two animals. I can understand the joke now regarding the aliens who land and come to the humans and insist on being taken to the leaders, the dogs. After all, we do make their food, wash their beds, run all of their errands, provide for their entertainment and (ick) pick up their excrement.

But, all that being said. I do love my adorable animals, Funny and Callie. Today, Callie finally caught Funny after weeks of chase. It really wasn't very fun to listen to. Hopefully Callie can learn that this fuzzy chew toy that runs around the house as if it were possessed by the devil himself has sharp poky things coming out of five of his six ends. If not, poor Callie will probably end up with a face full of claws.

Tonight I am privileged to attend the Keith Urban concert with Uncle Matt and Aunt Lisa. It will be sooo much fun!

No comments: