Monday, September 10, 2007

My 26th Birthday

Yesterday was my 26th birthday and Amanda made sure it was a good one. She started a day early (because my birthday fell on a Sunday this year) and had surprises waiting for me on Saturday. She made a great breakfast and we headed out for the day. We went to REI and looked around, she found a really cool North Face coat and I was just in the browsing mood. We then left to grab lunch at Cafe Rio. When I went to get into the drivers seat she stopped me and said that she would now be driving, then handed me a blindfold and had me put it on. She took me to the secret location...I was very surprised. When she finally untied the blindfold I found myself at Rock Canyon Park, were my friend Jake Fillmore was ready to take me rock climbing. We had a great afternoon climbing! The time flew by and we were done sooner than I thought, I really didn't want to leave. Unfortunately we forgot the camera in the car and so I don't have any pictures (we'll get some on the next trip I promise). We had to leave though because the BYU-UCLA game was about to start.

The next day was Sunday and I had to speak in church. I had a great time doing it-much better than expected-and we were quickly back home. It was finally present time! I had a bunch of presents from my very generous wife, parents and family, as seen in the picture; and yes that is a poop scooper next to me...Thanks Mom! I have to mention one present that Amanda gave to me. I had been wanting it for a while now but just couldn't bring myself to spend the money. However I was very excited to open a new Nikon D40X Digital Camera! I have been wanting to get back into photography and now I can, I am SO excited!!

Latter that night we had Uncle Matt, Aunt Lisa and the rest of their family over, while Amanda prepare a fabulous dinner (and of course when you make food you can't help but feed the puppy a little bit). We had a great time talking and we really enjoyed the wonderful dinner that Amanda prepared. This turned out to be one of my best birthdays! Thanks so much Amanda for making it a special weekend for me, your the BEST!

No comments: